UK OUTDOOR INDUSTRY AWARDS 2021 ENTRY FORM
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0161 498 6159
Please read all the information below before entering the Awards at the bottom of this page
WHO CAN ENTER?
Any company / brand with a NEW Outdoor Recreation product launched and available to the trade from June 2019 and which has not previously been entered in the UK Outdoor Industries Awards in 2020. Innovation & craftmanship are a key criteria for the awards, and the product must come from the forward selling collections, however new range evolutions of existing products are eligible for entry.
TIMETABLE OF AWARDS
Deadline for Entries: DEADLINE EXTENDED 15th September 2020
Finalists’ Judging: w/c 21st September 2020
Finalists’ Announcement: During the OIA Gathering, 7th October 2020, Ellis Brigham, Manchester www.theoia.co.uk/thegathering
Consumers’ Vote For Winners: Online from 15th November 2020 – 28th February 2021
Winners’ Announcement: OIA Conference – March 2021
Winner’s display: National Outdoor Expo – 27th – 28th March 2020, NEC, Birmingham www.nationaloutdoorexpo.com
Promotion of awards
Due to the current cancellations of trade and consumer shows, the Awards this year will take place online.
Finalists – the voting will take place virtually this year, with the judges voting with images and description of the product and video if available and discussing the products together through a virtual meeting.
Winner – the winners will be voted by the public. Promotion of the finalists will be done through our partners databases and will be hosted online as in previous years. Partners will be announced shortly but will comprise of a database of around 1 million opted-in consumers. All the winners’ products will be displayed at the National Outdoor Expo in front of over 20,000 consumers.
FINALISTS JUDGING PANEL
The judging panel will be comprised of experts from the outdoor industry and will include key journalists and retailers. Confirmed judges include Will Renwick ( Editor, Outdoorsmagic) Sian Lewis (Freelance writer and magazine editor, The Girl Outdoors) Andy Green (Commercial Director, SportPursuit), Matt Jones (outdoor writer and editor, Matt Jones) Gary Martin (Editor, Caravan and Motorhome Club Magazine) Jon Doran (Gear Editor, Trek & Mountain)
Innovation & Craftmanship are the main criteria for the awards, as well as:
Choice of materials
- CLOTHING – INCLUDING CLOTHING ACCESSORIES – GLOVES, SOCKS, HATS, BELTS
- FOOTWEAR – INCLUDING INSOLES
- BACKPACKS/TRAVEL LUGGAGE – INCLUDING WASH BAGS, MOBILE PHONE BAGS
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT – INCLUDING FURNITURE, STOVES, CUTLERY
- ACCESSORIES – INCLUDING TOOLS, FOOD, GADGETS, LIGHTING, FIRST AID, ETC.
- SLEEPING – SLEEPING BAGS, MATS, PILLOWS
- CLIMBING EQUIPMENT – INCLUDING CRAMPONS, ICE AXES, HELMETS
- TENTS – AWNINGS, TRAILER TENTS, BIVVY BAGS
- DIGITAL PRODUCT – APP, GPS, WORKBOOKS
- FAMILY PRODUCT – CHILD CARRIER, KIDS’ TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS, CLOTHING
£85 + VAT per entry for OIA members / OTS Exhibitors / National Outdoor Expo exhibitors.
£99 + VAT per entry for non-members and non-exhibitors
£65 + VAT per entry for OIA members / OTS Exhibitors / National Outdoor Expo exhibitors.
£85 + VAT per entry for non-members and non exhibitors
Finalists: Finalists logo
Winners: Winners Trophy and logo
Winner & Finalist logo can be used in all advertising and POS material. As long as the product is available to the market, you can add the tag line ‘Winner/Finalist of the UK Outdoor Industry Awards 2021’
With thanks to our partners:
- All entries must be made on the form below
- All entries must be supported by ONE jpeg picture (1MB – 4MB maximum size) + 100 WORD MAXIMUM description that relates to the criteria. Also if available, but not compulsory you can include links to a video explaining the product and what makes it a winner – maximum duration 3 minutes (explanation needs to relate to judging criteria) and/or link to any existing video of the product as well as to any product reviews. Entries that do not fulfill this criteria will not be entered.
- Entries received after the official closing date will not be accepted. The decision of the judging panel will be final.
- All entries will be treated in strictest confidence.
- In submitting an entry, companies confirm that the product entered is their sole property and does not infringe or utilise the intellectual patent or other rights of any other organisation or person.
- It is assumed that all necessary permissions and licenses from third parties have been obtained
- Entrants will need to fill in the declaration below.
- Categories can be cancelled at the organisers’ discretion.
- Entries can be switched to an alternative or more relevant category at the organisers’ discretion.