Finalists announced at OTS 2017
The finalists for the 2018 UK Outdoor Industry Awards were announced in a presentation at the Outdoor Trade Show (OTS) Party on 12th July 2017.
All 101 products entered were on display at OTS, the UK’s largest outdoor trade exhibition, giving the trade an opportunity to see and vote for their favourite outdoor products, brand new to the outdoor market.
The visitor votes, placed on iPads at the show, helped the prestigious panel of judges to select the finalists below:
- Katadyn – BeFree
- MSR – TrailBase Water Filter Kit
- Petzl – Bindi
- Berghaus – FastHike 45
- Terra Nova – Laser Velo 30
- Osprey – Levity 60
- BCB Adventure – FireDragon Folding Cooker
- JetBoil – Flash
- MSR – Windburner Group Stove System
- Snugpak – Basecamp Air Mat
- Edelrid – 3D Lap Coiling
- La Sportivia – Otaki
- Petzl – Ouistiti
- Berghaus – GR20 Storm Jacket
- Jack Wolfskin – Sierra Trail Jacket
- Rab – Alpha Flash Jacket
- Forestry Commission – Gruffalo Spotter
- Sat Map – Active 20
- ViewRanger for Android Wear
- Craghoppers – Daintree Long Sleeved Shirt
- Lifeventure – OS Map Towel
- Vango – Serenity
- Garmont – Sticky Stone GTX
- Hanwag – Tatra Light GTX
- Tecnica – Forge
- Mountain Hardwear – Ghost Whisperer
- Rab – Mythic
- Therm-a-Rest – Parsec
- Backpacker – Flying Tent
- Terra Nova – Laser Pulse Ultra 1
- Vango – Santo
The judging panel consisted of leading experts from the industry, including Lee Bagnall (JD Sports), Will Parkhouse (Cotswold Outdoor), Anthony Greasby (Countryside Ski & Climb) from retail, and Ben Weeks (Trail), Tom Hutton (OE Retailer), and Will Renwick (Outdoors Magic) from the media, as well as Claire Carter (Writer; Filmmaker; Artistic Director – Kendal Mountain Festival; Engagement Officer – OIA).
The winning products will be announced at the OIA Conference & AGM on 14th March 2018.
Keep an eye out for updates via our social media accounts and our monthly newsletter – make sure you’re subscribed by entering your email address here – or visit our News section for more information.