The finalists of each category were announced at the Outdoor Trade Show (OTS) 2019 on Wednesday 10th July, with the finalists of each category identified below.
After the announcement at the show, news of the winners was shared via various media publications for both the consumer and the industry.
The next stage in the awards process will be for the public to vote on the 29 finalists to establish the winning product from each category and the Product of the Year.
Consumer voting will take place online via the OIA’s website and UKClimbing’s and UKHillwalking’s websites.
All the finalist’s products will also be on display at Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show at the NEC, Birmingham in February (18th – 23rd).
At the show, the finalists will be showcased to approximately 100,000 visitors giving them the opportunity to cast their votes for their favourite products.
2020’s finalists were selected from 120 new and innovative products that were entered by manufacturers and distributors from across the outdoor industry.
The prestigious 2020 judging panel includes the following retailers, journalists and gear testers; Robert Brigham (Managing Director, Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports & Chairman, OIA), Adrian Plumb (Senior Buyer, Tiso), as well as Chris Townsend (Gear Tester, TGO), Iain Duff (Editor, Camping), Alan James (Director, UKClimbing & UKHillwalking) and Graham Thompson (Gear Tester, Trail).
The Finalists are
- Klean Kanteen – TKPro
- Light My Fire
- Luci MPOWERD – Base Camp Light
- Jack Wolfskin – Kalari Trail 36 Pack RECCO
- Osprey – Ace 50
- Craghoppers – 40L Hybrid
- Helinox – Personal Shade
- Primus – Fire Stick
- Gerber – ComplEAT
- Edelrid Swift Protect Pro Dry 8,9MM
- Black Diamond Camalot Z4
- Black Diamond AirNET Harness
- Mountain Hardwear – Ghost Shadow Jacket
- Black Diamond – Highline Stretch Shell Jacket
- Royal Robbins – Hemp Travel Socks
- Fjällräven – Vidda Pro Jacket
- Garmin GPS Map 66i
- OS Map (Mobile App)
- Kidunk Suit
- Osprey – Poco Plus
- Adidas TERREX – Free Hiker Parley
- On – Cloudrock Waterproof
- Dolomite – Steinbock WT GTX
- Danner – Trail 2650
- Mountain Hardwear – Lamina Eco AF
- Rab – Mythic Ultra
- Helinox – Cot One Convertible Insulated
- MSR Hubba NX
- Vango Project Hydrogen Air
- VauDe Power Lizard Seamless 1-2P