Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Hyde, Greater Manchester
Through collaboration with some of the world’s best climbers and alpinists, Mountain Equipment has been creating the finest mountain clothing and equipment in the world for more than half a century.
A rare and exciting opportunity now exists to join us as a Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator. We are seeking a creative and highly organised individual who shares our approach to both mountaineering and life.
Working within the marketing team at our Head Office in Hyde, Greater Manchester the successful candidate will be a creative marketer responsible for the design and delivery of engaging digital content across all web and social media platforms.
You will have an active and demonstrable interest in a variety of outdoor sports that include climbing, mountaineering or hill-walking and at least one year’s commercial experience in digital marketing or a digital related role, including content creation, management and analysis.
Consideration will be given to candidates who have a strong affinity to our brand but who have less commercial experience provided they can demonstrate the required technical skills gained through internship or other practical experience.
- Work to ensure all digital content is delivered in line with the brand and product objectives
- Work collaboratively with the wider marketing team both in the UK and internationally to create, execute and implement integrated marketing content across digital channels
- Create, edit and optimise content for web (including the creation of landing pages), blog and social network sites
- Assist in writing engaging multi-platform copy ensuring consistency of message and tone
- Manage and maintain the Mountain Equipment website ensuring that all information displayed is accurate and engaging
- Manage the creation and delivery of all email marketing communications
- Work with the wider marketing team to ensure any online spend is planned and targeted effectively
- Edit photographic and video content as necessary for use in online channels.
- Work with group IT support and third-party developers where necessary to support seasonal uploads and identify upgrades and necessary improvements
- Analyse data relating to all digital marketing and communication and provide regular reports on engagement, performance and ROI
- Identify emerging trends in digital marketing and to evaluate and report on new technologies.
- You should be educated to degree level, preferably with a marketing related qualification and ideally have at least 1-2 years commercial experience in a digital marketing or digital content related role. A knowledge of the outdoor industry, competitor brands and the retail sector is advantageous.
- Be passionate for Mountain Equipment, our products and philosophy
- Be energetic, self-motivated and highly organised
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to clearly articulate ideas as well as write and edit engaging copy
- Be creative and understand the importance of good design
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines / critical paths
- Have a practical understanding and experience of CMS such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite etc
- Have experience of developing content for use on e-commerce platforms such as Magento or Shopify
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics; an understanding of HTML and CSS and be proficient in a range of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
What we offer
A competitive salary based upon experience, company healthcare scheme and pension as well as flexible working schemes. Staff are also eligible for discounts on a wide range of products made by us as well as those within our wider group. We have a casual dress code and operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment
This is a full-time position based at our head-office in Hyde, Greater Manchester. Some travel both within the UK and overseas should be expected.
Anyone interested in applying for this role should send their CV, a covering letter and details of their current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 26th July.