Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee-owned company serving the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’.We manufacture our own Lyon branded products, provide technical training and distribute a portfolio of trusted brands. Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and values a good work-life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant to report to our Finance Manager. The successful candidate will also work closely with our Finance Director and the Sales Team. The Finance team are responsible for controlling and administering the finances for the whole business. Accuracy, attention to detail, organisation skills and computing skills are therefore essential requirements for this role.
The job will involve:
- Processing incoming and outgoing payments
- Entering purchase invoices
- Processing staff expenses
The person we seek will ideally meet the following essential criteria:
- Excellent numeracy
- Good communication skills
- Good computing skills particularly Excel
- Organisation and able to multitask
- Attention to detail
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which equates to 37.5 hours a week. We work slightly longer hours Monday to Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week! These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
- Commencing salary is likely to be in the range of £16,000 to £19,000 per annum
- 30 days paid holiday entitlement per annum (pro-rata) including public holidays
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
We are certified to ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and have achieved Investors in People certification.
Upon successful completion of the 3-month probationary period you will be offered:
- Inclusion to our qualifying pension scheme
- Membership of our private healthcare scheme