Head of Marketing
Osprey Europe Ltd.
Managing a high performing team, this new and exciting role of Head of Marketing will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategy and positioning of the Osprey brand in Europe, creating and executing marketing campaigns, and analysing the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
The primary responsibility of the role is the overall accountability for implementing the marketing strategy and positioning of the Osprey brand in Europe, including:
- Planning and leadership to the Marketing, Creative and Web teams
- Ongoing liaison and relationships with internal and external parties including Sales and Retailers
- Managing the marketing strategy for the brand to increase market presence
- Developing and implementing seasonal Go-To-Market plans
- Providing creative input to the Company and brand
- Delivering a premium Direct-To-Customer digital brand experience
Part of the responsibilities will be to continually identify new and innovative methods to create and enhance the Company’s content for its brand, develop the seasonal marketing plan with respect to strategic market planning and market research programmes, and control the marketing budget.
The role will be responsible for creating and executing marketing campaigns, analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing efforts, managing media, external PR agencies and in-house PR.
To apply for this position, it is essential that you have:
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record of success working in a senior marketing role, ideally in the outdoor industry, or within consumer goods
- Knowledge of pan-European marketing, especially in the UK and Germany
- Knowledge of and an active interest in the outdoor/sports markets and retailers, and/or travel, bike and lifestyle
- Proven experience in brand development, ideally in wholesale or retail
- Direct-To-Customer CRM, website, digital and social media experience with a demonstrated track record of growth, ideally Ecommerce
- Experience of managing a marketing team and working in a flexible, employee-empowered work environment
- Marketing tools of the trade including, PR, written communication, website development, market research, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products and creative services
- Experience in managing external PR agencies
A marketing degree or relevant CIM qualification would be desirable. You will be a strategic thinker with excellent planning skills, with a keen emphasis on implementation and outcome. In short a commercial marketer.
To support the Company’s advancement you must have demonstrated an ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods. You will possess creativity and insight, positivity, and the ability to instil enthusiasm in others.
This role will involve some work outside of office hours to attend events, with occasional travel outside of the UK. Ability and willingness to travel within Europe is essential.
How to apply
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Product discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social events and activities
- Employee of the month
- Casual dress code
Osprey was born in California, 1974 at the seat of a single sewing machine, with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest quality. Today, Osprey products continue that pioneering spirit, being used on the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.