This role oversees the full audit and reconciliation of all the revenue within our business, including; income returns, Voyager and other revenue reports, remittances, banking and business surveys. You will report into the Financial Controller and will be fully supported by the Head of Finance and Finance team.
Previous revenue auditing experience within hospitality or elsewhere in the travel industry is essential as is a high degree of attention to detail. A drive to understand how things are done and why and creatively thinking of ways to improve them is preferred. You will also have a comprehensive understanding of confidentiality.
- Audit and verify all House Income Revenue transactions, following up on any discrepancies
- Prepare weekly revenue journals for House Income Returns
- Audit and verify full Revenue report from Voyager weekly
- Post the monthly Revenue from Voyager into Access
- Prepare the Revenue report for monthly management report and TOMS calculations
- Prepare remittances for banking
- Monitor the bank account for guest payments, allocate them onto the system and record in the cash books
- Dealing with occasional guest queries
- Following up on unpaid or due balances on guest accounts (Credit control)
- Issuing of refunds via BACS/ PDQ and cheques and maintenance thereof
- Redemption of Gift vouchers and maintenance reconciliation
- Loomis cheque banking and reconciliation
- Assist with all business surveys and submission thereof
- Supporting Purchase ledger to input invoices during busier times
- Filing and any other ad-hoc tasks
- Previous Hospitality experience from Hotels or the Travel industry is a necessity
- Strong organisational skills
- Be able to work alone, and in a team environment
- Attention to detail – understand how things are done and why and then seek to improve them
- Strong computer and excel skills
- Previous revenue auditing experience
- The ability to fully audit and reconcile all revenue in the business
- This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- Whilst working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and employees.
- It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and employees, unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Confidential Information section of the Employee Handbook for full policy details.