Lyon Work and Rescue – Marketing Administrator
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Work and Rescue is a leading supplier and manufacturer of specialist access, positioning and protection equipment for working at height and technical rescue.
Lyon has a strong, long established client base in a number of market sectors including construction, oil and gas, renewable energy, utilities, Government agencies and the emergency services.
Lyon also provides a comprehensive range of training and certification for working at height. We have been an active participant in the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association since its inception, developing safe working techniques and supplying the best equipment in the business.
Our sales extend from individual components through to complete work system solutions; with supply managed via the retail trade and direct to specialist end users. We have a team of work at height and technical rescue specialists who respond to enquiries from existing and prospective clients.
We are seeking to appoint a Marketing Administrator to work within our expanding Work & Rescue team.
Applications are invited from individuals with experience of marketing who are looking for a challenging role with a practical, hands-on approach.
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which equates to 37.5 hours per week. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:30 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £18,000 – £21,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- Inclusion in our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Free use of company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme.
- Lyon is an employee-owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period, the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder.
The Job will involve:
- Assisting Work & Rescue Manager in the research, planning and deployment of sales and marketing strategies to increase sales for Lyon Work & Rescue products and services at home and overseas.
- Facilitating products and services promotion via Online and e-campaigns; press releases, social media, newsletters, B2B, digital and print media publications.
- Organising Lyon Work & Rescue trade shows and events
- Providing support to Work & Rescue Sales Representatives team
- Monitoring and day to day control of the department marketing budget
The person we seek will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven track record within sales promotion and development
- Be organised and numerate, with a good attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Possess good language and communication skills, both written and verbal – essential for dealing with our customers
- Self-motivation and drive with the ability to work within a bigger team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Motivation to undertake personal training and development
- Have practical user knowledge of some of the products from our range and be keen to learn
- Reside within daily commuting distance of our head office in Tebay
How to apply
Please download an application pack from our website lyon.co.uk or call 015396 – 24040 to obtain a hard copy. Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Units 3-7 Tebay Business Park