Association of British Climbing Walls Training Trust (NICAS)
The ABC Training Trust was set up by the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC) in 2007 to administer the National Indoor Climbing Award Schemes. The charity’s primary aim is to introduce young people to the fantastic sport of climbing, and since 2008, over 130,000 youngsters have benefitted. We hope that, through our schemes, we can give climbers from all communities the best possible start in a sport for life, and continue to motivate and develop them through quality coaching, at great facilities, across the country (and even overseas).
Our members are the 250+ indoor climbing walls that deliver our schemes NICAS (roped climbing) and NIBAS (bouldering) around the country. They range from specialist indoor climbing walls in major cities to school groups in rural areas.
As part of our plans to grow the scheme from 13,000 to 20,000 candidates a year we are recruiting a number of permanent positions. The Membership Manager is a key role in the future organisation of the Charity and will work closely with the Executive Officer, administration functions (both internal and outsourced), treasurer, and the Director of Coaching.
To read more about the schemes visit nicas.co.uk
- Be proactive in communicating with walls offering NICAS. Be first point of contact for centres and follow up on enquiries as required.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with walls and other relevant personnel e.g. Technical Advisors in order to build collaborative working relationships
- Manage feedback from NICAS candidates/parents in the first instance
- Work with walls to ensure that they are using the candidate database in the most effective and efficient way to gain the maximum benefits. Ensure user feedback is constantly reviewed and considered in the ongoing development of the database
- Prepare monthly reports on candidate numbers, centres joining and other key metrics
- Drive update of the schemes and manage new applications – from enquiries, helping to put together, putting forward to approvals, ensuring a smooth transition to “live” centre (manage induction and internal admin processes)
- Process new wall applications for the delivery of NIBAS and NICAS, including management of the Screening Committee process (screening undertaken by others)
- Communicate with/deploy the Director of Coaching to deal with technical enquiries from walls
- Liaise with IT support regarding management of the scheme’s candidate database
- Assist the team in the organisation of seminars, workshops and events as required
- Liaise with Sport England / other funding bodies as required
- Implement marketing and social media plans and manage the NICAS website (with technical support)
- Manage public events, prepare publicity material, newsletters and information articles
- Develop candidate award and merchandise strategy and delivery (e.g. t-shirts, badges)
- Manage and protect the NICAS brand
- Report key issues, risks and proposed areas of business development to the Executive Officer and Board
- Scope project work and take a lead where appropriate in the delivery of project work. Work with Executive Officer to outsource projects, where required
- Report on progress of project work as required to Executive Officer and Board
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Board.
- Experience of working within customer service function or membership organisation
- Experience in successful project delivery and management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent computer software skills to create documents, presentations, spreadsheets
- A passion for the impact that sport can have on empowering and inspiring young people
- Willingness to travel within the UK as required.
- A basic understanding of the climbing landscape and different bodies within it
- Full, clean driving licence
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals and organisations
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in a team environment
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed in a growing organisation
- Attention to detail