Purchase Ledger Assistant
We’re looking for a flexible team player with a keen eye for detail and accuracy to support the Accounts Payable Supervisor in our finance team.
You’ll be processing large volumes of emails and invoices as well as using Excel spreadsheets, so a good level of computer literacy is essential as is a positive and friendly telephone manner for when you’re dealing with enquiries from suppliers, team members and leaders.
- Processing high volumes of invoices (70% of work done) including but not limited to: entering invoices on to Access Dimensions, reviewing and redistributing incorrectly coded and/or approved invoices, batch collation of invoices to ensure efficient payment, and liaison with Cost Centre Heads regarding priority invoices and expense payments.
- Reconciliation of Access supplier records to supplier statements
- Inputting journals for other members of the Finance Team using the Access System
- Head Office petty cash
- Supporting the Purchase Ledger Supervisor in processing petty cash returns and ordering cash deliveries
- Working with the Commercial Manager to support them in processing invoices from different departments
- Reviewing team members’ expense claims and inputting them on to Access for payment
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Team
- Computer literacy
- A high degree of accuracy
- A flexible approach and a willingness to learn, especially where processes and systems could change
- Working knowledge of Excel at an intermediate level
- Ability to process a large volume of emails
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Good telephone manner when dealing with supplier queries, team member and leader queries
- Experience of working in a finance department and particularly a purchase ledger section
- Knowledge of basic VAT
- Access Dimensions is preferable