Sales Representative – Pro Markets
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee-owned company serving the Outdoor, Work at Height and Rescue Markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’.
The Petzl UK Agency is the Lyon team dedicated to servicing Petzl in the UK & Ireland. The key responsibilities of the Agency include: sales representation, marketing, sales administration, technical support and aftersales, for both the sport and professional (industrial) markets.
Petzl are at the forefront in the supply of personal fall protection equipment for rope access, positioning and protection equipment for working at height, rescue and confined spaces. Petzl hands-free lighting is also an integral part of the business. Our client’s users of Petzl products range from individual access engineers to construction, utility, arboricultural companies and the emergency services, our the range of products is designed to meet the rigours of diverse professional situations.
We are seeking to appoint a Sales Representative for the professional markets who will specialise in Petzl work at height equipment and hands-free lighting. Accounts covered will include multinationals to key independents. The successful candidate will be home based in the Midlands and will mainly service the Midlands and the South of the U.K. Travel outside this area will be needed from time to time and regular visits to our head office at Tebay will be necessary.
Applications are invited from individuals with a keen interest in both the products and the professional markets. Experience of field sales is a prerequisite and knowledge of our and competitor products would be desirable. The successful candidate, whilst self-motivated and working independently ‘on the road’, will report to our Country Manager and Professional Brand Manager. Support will also be provided by a team of experienced colleagues. A full and preferably clean driving licence is required for this post. Driver skills will be assessed and additional training will be provided.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position which on average equates to a 37.5 per week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday to Friday, however, given the nature of the role, flexibility and some weekend work will be required.
- Dependent on experience and qualifications – likely to commence in the region of £26,000 to £30,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) inclusive of public holidays with loyalty increments.
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply from both Lyon and
- Inclusion into our qualifying Lyon group personal pension scheme after three months of service
- Company vehicle
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
- Eligibility to become a Lyon shareholder when the next company share offer is made
- We may require the successful candidate to provide a medical report from their GP
- Servicing and developing existing business, particularly professional resellers
- Developing and selling into new markets such as the DIY market
- Keeping up to date with current product, technical specification and usage of both our ranges and those of our competitors
- National and international trade show attendance when required
- Reporting on sales performance to the Country Manager and Professional Brand Manager
- Feedback to and liaison with our marketing team
- A considerable amount of travelling, predominantly driving
- Overnight stays whilst on the road
At the interview, applicants would ideally be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Significant experience of field-based sales and an interest in Petzl professional products
- An ability to effectively manage workload and time
- Presentation and sales skills
- Organisation, communication, numeracy and computer skills