UK & Ireland Technical Sales Representative
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Work and Rescue is a leading supplier and manufacturer of specialist access, positioning and protection equipment for working at height and technical rescue.
Lyon has a strong, long established client base in a number of market sectors including construction, oil and gas, renewable energy, utilities, Government agencies and the emergency services.
Lyon also provides a comprehensive range of training and certification for working at height. We have been an active participant in the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association since its inception, developing safe working techniques and supplying the best equipment in the business.
Our sales extend from individual components through to complete work system solutions; with supply managed via the retail trade and direct to specialist end users. We have a team of work at height and technical rescue specialists who respond to enquiries from existing and prospective clients.
We are seeking to appoint an additional Technical Sales Representative to work within our expanding team in the following professional work at height sectors:
- Rope Access
- Wind Energy and Renewables
Applications are invited from individuals with experience of selling, preferably into one or more of these sectors, who are looking for a challenging role with a more practical, hands-on technical approach.
This position is not limited to a geographical area; it provides specialist support to specific industry sectors within the UK and Ireland. Other sectors are covered by other members of the team who
are specialists in their respective fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage their workload and travel to be as efficient and effective as possible. This will involve close communication and liaison with other members of
The candidate should ideally be located in a position that allows for regular visits to our head office.
Applicants must be in possession of the following:
- A full car driving licence – preferably clean
- Current passport
- You will be provided with the following:
- A company vehicle
- Mobile phone and business telephone line into the home
- Computer, tablet and printer
- Comprehensive technical and practical training on products and systems Lyon provide
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however, this position will require occasional overnight stays and some weekend working.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £25,000 – £30,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Free use of company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
- Lyon is an employee-owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period, the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder.
The Job will involve:
- Supporting the existing Work and Rescue team in achieving and exceeding sales objectives, and optimising revenue
- Servicing and developing existing and new account business in line with an evolving and dynamic department strategy
- Direct administration of selected Work and Rescue accounts
- Communicating and liaising regularly with the Work and Rescue, Manufacturing and Training teams
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through face to face, telephone and email contact
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current product, techniques and usage of both our ranges and those of
- Providing practically based customer technical support and training on our product ranges
- Assessing and advising on work solutions to provide safe systems of work at height
- Organising and participating in product launches and other sales initiatives
- Attending national and international trade shows and international supplier visits
- Attending technical sales, sales strategy and product training meetings at our head office in Tebay, Cumbria
The person we seek will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Proven sales and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the market sectors we serve
- Experience of work at height techniques in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation relating to working at height
- Self-motivation and drive with the ability to work within a bigger team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Motivation to undertake personal training and development