UK Walking Holidays Assistant Manager
Our UK Walking holidays are at the heart of our organisation. For over 100 years HF Holidays have operated holidays from our Country House hotels throughout the UK.
The aspirations of our guests continue to evolve, and we continue to develop new holidays to suit the next generation (pre-retired) of guests. In order to increase appeal to, and retention of, “next generation” guests you will work with the UK Walking Holidays Manager to and use your creativity to put together attractive weekends and longer holidays based on strategic briefings.
The role includes a specific focus on our Outdoor Escapes, Adventure Walks & our Walks with Theme holidays and requires detailed itinerary planning and logistics from briefing leaders (guides) to the Transport Manager to help ensure the best quality experiences possible.
Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting some of our core Guided Walking programmes. These are a staple, running almost year-round at our UK Country House hotels and which require liaison with volunteer Field Workers among others to help maintain and refresh them.
- Improving existing holidays, particularly to meet the needs of our ‘next generation’ guests
- Create new ones to reach the agreed audience and maximise profit.
- Review holiday feedback, leader reports, following up quality issues with suppliers.
- Liaison with volunteer advisors and leaders.
Operations & admin:
- Ensure new ideas are efficient and scalable
- Initial liaison with suppliers & attractions
- Provide briefings to key internal customers, notably transport manager and leaders using channels such as Leader Intranet and to guests, in form of e.g. Trip Notes
- Reviewing the viability of holidays
- Responding quickly to operational issues as they arise
- Replying to guest correspondence and complaints
- Production of information sent to guests
- Overseeing risk assessment and safety of holidays
- Maintaining and improving our guest satisfaction scores – current NPS of 72
Marketing & Sales:
- Support the Sales & Marketing team to promote holidays effectively in our brochures, website and direct mail
- Ensuring that our website is always up to date and accurate, and promoting holidays to best effect
- Support UK Product Manager with sales initiatives and development of new communication channels where appropriate
- Participation in Leader conferences as appropriate. Some weekend working required
- Providing training to our front-line sales team and leaders
- Visiting new and existing holidays as appropriate
- Self-motivated and organising, hard working with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- A flair for communicating verbally and in writing; 1) your passion for these holidays 2) your intentions for how front-line staff should deliver them
- A keen interest in walking and outdoor activities. You should be able to read an OS map to at least a basic level
- Good knowledge of UK geography
- Previous experience of working with detailed logistics ideally in a customer facing environment
- Good working knowledge of Office software. Other packages such as consumer mapping software advantageous