UK Walking Holidays Manager
Our UK Walking holidays are at the heart of our organisation. For over 100 years HF Holidays have operated holidays from our Country House hotels throughout the UK.
This role oversees the operational delivery of our existing UK Walking holidays products and the development of new guided and self-guided holidays from our UK Country Houses. The aspirations of our guests continue to evolve, and it is expected we remain at the forefront of adapting our holidays to improve their desirability and profitability. Therefore, there will also be a specific emphasis on creating new holidays to attract new customers especially those guests labelled ‘next generation’ (pre-retired).
There is a team of six to manage as well as close liaison with other departments including our office in Elstree.
- Improving existing holidays, particularly to meet the needs of our ‘next generation’ guests
- Reviewing holiday questionnaires, leader reports, following up quality issues with suppliers
- Developing new holidays that meet the needs of new audiences
- Helping to evolve the culture of our organisation to better meet the needs of new audiences
- Develop and improve our off-peak range of holidays
Marketing & Sales:
- Working with our Sales & Marketing team to promote our holidays effectively in our brochures, website and direct
- Ensuring that our website is always up to date and accurate, and promoting holidays to best effect
- Instigating sales initiatives where appropriate
- Produce articles for our e-newsletter, leader e-newsletter and in-house Members magazine
- Working with our Sales & Marketing team to develop new communication channels with both new and existing guests
- Planning detailed itineraries, in conjunction with our leaders, colleagues and suppliers
- Production of Leader briefing notes and despatch materials to Leaders, and update the contents of the leader intranet
- Reviewing the viability of holidays; instigating sales initiatives and cancellations as appropriate
- Responding quickly to operational issues as they arise
- Replying to guest correspondence and complaints
- Production of information sent to guests
- Overseeing risk assessment and safety of holidays
- Maintaining and improving our guest satisfaction scores – current NPS of 72
- Participation in Leader conferences and assessment courses as appropriate.
- Providing training to our front-line sales team and leaders
- Visiting new and existing holidays as appropriate
- Hard working with attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and apply research findings
- A flair for communicating a passion for these holidays, both internally and externally
- Time management with the ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- A keen interest in walking and outdoor activities
- Knowledge of the UK’s best walking areas
- Previous experience of working in the travel or activity industry