UK Walking Holidays Administrator – One Year Maternity Cover
Working as part of a team of 7, this varied role provides support to our Walking Operations, Marketing and Product Development teams; producing and updating holiday briefings and associated resources e.g. route maps and guides, guest Trip Notes and website descriptions for the full range of UK Guided Walking products.
With a specific focus on an agreed number of our Country House locations, you will be responsible for ensuring all logistics are in place in good time to ensure we can deliver the best experience possible for our guests. You’ll also monitor leader feedback and collaborate with a number of our “Field Advisors” to improve walks where required and coordinate ideas for new walks and holidays.
- Production and dispatch of walk directions using Word, digital mapping software (in conjunction with Field Advisors)
- Purchasing maps and other resources
- Ordering and payment for resources relating to UK holidays.
- Maintaining and producing transport schedules for the Transport Manager
- Processing invoices from transport suppliers.
- Miscellaneous transport related admin as directed.
- Booking visitor attractions for all UK walking holidays
- Holiday cancellation admin
- Replying to leader enquiries and assisting them with technical support
- Updating guest & leader information & ensuring its accuracy (Trip Notes/website/intranet)
- Ad-hoc admin support to UK walking team
Support to Field Advisors:
- Provide prompts to Field Advisors for submission of their contributions
- Providing technical support to our team of Field Advisors
Support to Product Development:
- Monitoring leader feedback and working with Field Advisors to improve walks as required.
- Working with the team and Field Advisors to coordinate ideas for new walks and holidays
- Proofing and editing all Field Advisor contributions – guest literature, website etc
- Helping to edit the HF Holidays’ website – ensuring walks are described accurately with good-quality images
- Checking that all holidays are correctly loaded on our Reservations system
- One or two visits to agreed areas to meet Field Advisors required and as part of product familiarisation.
- Good all-round administrator with good attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound written and verbal communications including a confident telephone manner.
- A keen walker. You should have a basic level of OS map reading.
- Knowledge of popular UK walking areas.
- Previous experience of working with detailed logistics ideally in a customer facing environment.
- Good working knowledge of Office software. Other packages such as consumer mapping software advantageous.
- Enjoys working in a team