Watersports Sales Representative
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee-owned company. Our aim is to provide ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’ to the Watersports, cycle, outdoor, work at height and rescue industries.
In the Watersports industry, our portfolio includes U.K. and Irish distribution for RTM/DAG Canoes Kayaks and SUP, TaHe Kayaks, Zegul Sea Kayaks, Robson and Egalis Paddles BiC and Nautix Windsurf products and Restube Safety devices.
Our extensive portfolio also includes quality outdoor brands making us a one-stop shop for adventure, leisure and the professional Watersports market.
Whilst we stock products that cater to every Watersports enthusiast from leisure to specialist, our primary focus is the leisure end of the market including commercial Watersports providers, activity centres and leisure retailers.
Due to continued growth within Lyon’s Watersports division, we are seeking to appoint a Sales Representative to cover the South of England and South Wales.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual to further enhance the service we provide to our customers and suppliers within this sector. A strong, active passion for Watersports and knowledge of our products would be advantageous as would experience of working in the activity centre setting and retail.
The job is perfectly suited to someone from a Watersports retail and instructing background who is equally comfortable meeting face to face with customers as well as carrying out day to day administrative functions.
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
- Mobile phone, computer, tablet and printer
- Use of a company vehicle
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however, this position will require regular overnight stays and some weekend work.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £25,000 – £30,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free use of Company loan kit when available
- Inclusion in our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
- Eligibility to become a shareholder
As a Sales Representative at Lyon, the successful candidate will work closely with the sales and marketing team to sell and promote our portfolio of brands to both new and existing customers.
The job will involve:
- Working alongside the Brand Manager – Watersports, to meet and exceed agreed turnover and profitability targets
- Working alongside Outdoor Brand Managers to increase cross-sell of Outdoor and Lyon products to the Watersports market, specifically to outdoor centres, acting as a single point of contact for these customers
- Building on existing relationships with customers via face to face visits along with regular telephone and email contact
- Actively seeking out and following up on new business opportunities
- Promotion and sales of products at regional, national and international trade shows and events
- The organisation of and involvement in regional road shows and demonstration events
- Providing staff training
- Making customer appointments and responsible for travel plans and updating reps diary
- Keeping up to date with current products, those of our competitors and market trends
- Social media activity in line with social media strategy
- Participation at regular sales meetings at the office in Tebay and occasional supplier visits abroad
- Keeping the office updated with appointments and travel plans populating the customer relationship management (CRM) system to ensure continuity of information to all stakeholders throughout the business
- Evaluating the best prospects for sales and ensuring leads are acted upon promptly and accurately
The person we seek will ideally meet the following criteria:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in U.K. Watersports either through high-level operation at activity centres (such as Head of Centre or Technical Advisor), or will have a successful history of Watersports sales and marketing.
The following qualifications and experience are considered essential for the role;
- Effective planning skills
- Full U.K. Driving License
- Proven track record in sales and marketing or centre / activity management
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent I.T. Skills
- Able to design and deliver high-quality presentations and training to clients
- Desirable knowledge and skills
- Paddlesports Coaching qualifications (UKCC Level 2/BCU Level 2 or higher)
- Windsurfing Instructing qualifications (Start Windsurf Instructor or higher)
- Experience of Centre delivery of Watersports
- Experience of sales in the U.K. Watersports market either through distribution, agency or retail
- Trailer driving experience
- Able to dynamically assess risks and perform formal risk assessment independently where within the knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience of delivery of demo’s, lectures or coaching at national events (such as Sea Kayak Symposiums)
- Experience of Sea Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard and Open Canoeing
- An enthusiastic user of Watersports equipment
- Be able to assist in brand promotion via social media