Web Administrator – Design
Ultra Light Outdoor Gear
Web Administrator – Design
North East, Wynyard (Stockton-on-Tees)
The post holder will be responsible for the creation of and maintenance of visual promotional aspects of our websites and marketing. They will contribute to and execute parts of our marketing strategy. Working as part of the Web Team the post holder will work under the direction of the Web Development Manager but also under her/his own initiative to ensure our websites are appealing and that our users are having an optimal experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Create fresh and innovative digital and print designs, concepts and layouts upon request (web, email marketing, print advertising, online display advertising, social media content & other).
- Promote a consistent message for each website throughout any outward facing marketing in line with our guidelines.
- Produce extra product photography that adds unique value to our product listings (detailed shots, lifestyle images etc.)
- Work through outdated site content, revamping, updating & optimising to give a better user experience across our websites.
- Use data to produce evidence-based content schedules for our websites (Utilising data from Google Search Console & Google Analytics).
- Produce innovative and exciting new content alongside other members of the team, targeting specific keywords and topics where our offering may be lacking. Including mini on-page product reviews (“Our Verdict” see www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk)
- Refresh our presentation of Brands product information annually.
- To be part of producing and maintaining brand guideline documents for our websites.
- Occasionally will be required to answer customer phone enquiries & serve showroom customers.
- Liaise with our web developer using their error ticketing system to rectify website issues.
Accountable to: Web Development Manager
Liaises with: Other staff, Customers
Skills & Abilities
- You must have an interest in the outdoors and outdoor clothing and equipment. Backpacking/hiking/wild camping experience will be highly valued
- Understanding of and experience of using html
- Have experience of using a website CMS
- Excellent Photoshop skills (image manipulation skills along with a strong understanding of typography, layout and composition)
- Good photography skills
- Keen eye and strong attention to detail
- Good writing skills
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Search console is a plus
(Providing examples of any of the above is encouraged to be included in your application)
What we can offer you
- Starting salary of £19,000
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (Holidays increase by 1 day with each year of service, up to a max of 25 days)
- Generous Staff discounts across our entire range of products
Ultralight Outdoor Gear Ltd. is a venture concerned with the supply of outdoor clothing and equipment for backpacking, trekking, adventure racing and adventure travel. As our name suggests we are only interested in supplying lightweight, functional, best quality gear that supports the concept of backpacking, trekking and travelling unhindered by traditional heavy loads and masses of equipment. ‘BasecampGear’ and ‘World Backpacker’ are subsidiary ventures to Ultralight Outdoor Gear.
We aim to provide more product information and images than other non-specialised e-tailers so that you are able to spend your hard earned cash wisely. We are passionate about backpacking, trekking, adventure racing and travel and we hope that the website and gear that we sell appeals to like-minded enthusiasts.
Our company was set up in May 2006 specifically to bring together the very best in lightweight gear in one place so that true enthusiasts didn’t have to sift through more generalist websites where lightweight gear is still hard to find, and when you do find it there’s precious little product information from which to make your purchasing decisions. The company has grown consistently during that period, we think it because we advise people well, have the range of equipment to give people real choice and we support our customers after the purchase has been made.
The closing date for applications is 3/6/19.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying please send your CV and covering letter and any other relevant documents that demonstrate your skills and abilities in our desired criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org