Work and Rescue Department Technical Sales and Accounts Administrator
Lyon Equipment Limited
Full Time, based at Tebay – 18-month maternity leave cover.
Lyon Equipment Limited serves the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with equipment and expertise to venture further. This includes distribution for a portfolio of high-quality brands, manufacturing of our own Lyon branded products and technical training.
Lyon provides a friendly, dynamic working environment and values a good work-life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Technical Sales and Accounts Administrator on an 18-month contract to join our busy Sales team based at Tebay.
The Work and Rescue Sales Department:
This department is responsible for the processing of all our Industrial and Rescue customer purchase orders, dealing with customer enquiries (stock levels, prices, technical questions etc.) and managing customer accounts.
In addition to working directly with our customers, the team also work closely with other departments including;
- Logistics – Despatch queries, stock issues and deliveries
- Purchasing – Enquiries from customers about lead times and special orders
- Finance – Customer credit limits and invoicing
- Sales Reps – Day to day liaison and relaying information about customers
- After Sales – Warranty returns and advice
- Outdoor Sales administration – sales order overspill and role cover
There are a number of members in the Work and Rescue Sales team; it is, therefore, essential that you are happy working as part of a team in an open office environment.
This is an administrative and technical role and ideally requires both some practical user experience of the products and strong administrative skills. The job is suited to someone with experience in outdoor retail or education, customer service, work at height or administration.
- Answering and responding to incoming telephone calls, faxes and e-mails, and passing on to colleagues when appropriate.
- Respond to Work and Rescue enquiries, including:
- Giving technical information and advice
- Account and despatch enquiries
- Sending out price lists and catalogues
- Dealing with customer incidents, including arranging collections
- Creating quotations for clients, and prospective clients
- Advising on alternatives/substitutions
- Assist with pricing up of non-pricelist items and “specials”, ladders in particular.
- Assist with the pricing of Lyon assembled kits
- Determining discounts as appropriate
- Obtaining international carriage quotations, lead time estimates, certification charges as appropriate.
- Following up quotations
- Taking and processing customer orders.
- Creating pro forma invoices for customers without credit accounts
- Administration of the Lyon repair and servicing function, to include stretchers, stretcher accessories, quadpods and tripods. Responsible for liaising with customers, arranging workflow, quotations, invoicing, despatch, technical support and document maintenance
- Assist W&R reps, sales and marketing to maintain contact information on customer accounts
The person we seek will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Have good computer skills, particularly MS Excel, with the ability to pick up new systems easily
- Ideally, have experience of computerised stock/accounting packages
- Have practical knowledge of some of the products from our range and be keen to learn
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be organised and numerate, with good attention to detail
- Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal – essential for dealing with our customers
- Be self-motivated and also happy to work as a team member
- Be willing to undertake personal training and development
- Have enthusiasm – a sense of humour would also be good!
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded from our website lyon.co.uk, alternatively please contact Brenda Thexton on 015396 24040.
Please return your completed application (you may also include a C.V should you wish) to:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th March
Interviews likely to take place week commencing: 10th and 11th April