- March 6, 2020
- Posted by: Dave Bowler
- Category: Industry News, Member News
Come and watch the shortlisted BMC Women in Adventure film competition entries and be the first to see who are crowned the 2020 winners. 30 fantastic female-led adventure films were entered into the sixth annual BMC TV and Womenclimb competition.
Saturday 21st March 14:15, Showroom Cinema, Sheffield
Women in adventure panel and workshop
The Women in Adventure Panel and Workshop follows on from the screening event. Back with a new structure for this year, this FREE Women in Adventure 2020 Panel and Workshop is bringing you a rotating interactive session where those interested in finding out more about the outdoor industry will be able to move through the tables with our special guests from the industry: These rotating sessions will be a mixture of presentations, talks, informal Q&As and advice-giving.
Questions and guests include:
- How to develop skills for the Outdoors Industry with Womenclimb Founder Emily Pitts
- How to make a great film: from passion project to commercial work with award-winning filmmakers Emma Brennand, Anna Paxton and Emma Crome
- The Outdoor Film Industry: Who chooses? with ShAFF Head Judge Claire Carter and European Outdoor Film Tour Programmer Paula Flach
- How to get into Mountain Rescue: Ask the experts with Mountain Rescue candidates
- Volunteer to President: volunteer skills in the outdoors with BMC President Lynn Robinson
- Research into women in the outdoors and adventure with Senior Lecturer Adele Doran
Saturday 21st March 17:00-19:30, Mezzanine, Workstation, Sheffield
This is a free event but with limited spaces.
What the judges say
Women in Adventure film judge, Emily Pitts said: “Watching this year’s film entries was a real pleasure. What I loved was listening to the diversity of women’s voices that you projected on screen and seeing the diverse ways you told your own and others’ stories. Since its inception in 2015, the competition has built and developed each year, with you all stepping up and creating stories that resonate with people, that inspire people and which give people great joy. The effort, passion, attention and care that went into all of the films was evident and has provided me with inspiration for my own adventures. Thank you for the time and energy you’ve invested in your film. It’s our most popular year yet, with treble the number of watches already. Go you and your crews, you did this.”