- October 29, 2018
- Posted by: OIA Admin
- Category: Association News, Industry News, Member News
The Celebrating Outdoor Learning Awards recognise innovative projects that encourage and enable more people to get out, be active, learn about and connect with the outdoors. These awards shine a spotlight on the exceptional work of a diverse group of professionals including instructors, teachers, leaders, managers, educators and researchers.
“We are delighted to have reviewed thirty-seven high-quality entries for this inaugural year of the Celebrating Outdoor Learning Awards. Thank you to everyone who entered.”
COLA Judging Committee
The Celebrating Outdoor Learning Awards:
- Promote Outdoor Learning professionals and organisations
- Reward schemes that demonstrate a high level of commitment to sustainability
- Celebrate professional expertise
- Strive to advance the knowledge and understanding of all areas of outdoor learning
Finalist were selected across 9 categories by a judging committee drawn from prominent members of four representative bodies in the sector – IOL, AHOEC, BAPA and OEAP.
An online public vote is now open and will inform the judging committee for selecting a winner in each category. Award winners will be announced on the evening of the 8th November at the 2018 UK Outdoor Learning Sector Conference.
Winners receive a commemorative trophy sponsored by the Outdoor Industries Association.
Professional Standards Manager
Institute for Outdoor Learning