- February 12, 2019
- Posted by: OIA Admin
- Category: Association News, Industry News, Member News
Taking place on 21st March, Sports & Outdoor 2019 will focus on how brands in the sector should be using blended digital and physical programs to better engage with and monetise those who take their sport seriously. The Sports sector has seen significant growth in audience reach and engagement using digital – from participants sharing their activities and acquisitions through social to brands creating their own mixed media events.
In 2019 the strongest brands and retailers in Sports & Outdoors will be those who truly understand the motivations and behaviours of their audience – how often to communicate and how to differentiate online.
At this year’s full-day conference we will hear strategies from industry professionals across 4 dominant sporting areas; Cycling, Outdoor, Fitness and Team Sports.
Join expert speakers including:
- Upma Vermani, Senior Manager, Consumer Insights, Analytics & Operations, Adidas
- Siggy Simon, Digital Innovation Leader, Decathlon UK
- Gareth Crew, Social Media Manager, Garmin
- Calvin Cox, Head of Marketing, Sigma Sports
- Daniel Kogan, Content & Social Media Manager, Sigma Sports
- Ed Waterston, Head of Marketing, Specialized Bicycle Components
- Mike Scarano, Global Digital Innovation & Connectivity, Puma Group
- Juliet Barrett, CMO & Co-Founder, Grenade
- Adrian Nash, Digital Experience Manager, Life Fitness
- Ronnie Legg, Design Manager, Alpkit
- Andrew Denton, Chief Executive, Outdoor Industries Association
- Giles Chater, Managing Director, Tough Mudder
- Rob Wilson, Head of Marketing, Soar Running
- Hollie Weatherstone, Marketing Manager UK/IE, Canyon Bicycles
Sports & Outdoor is working in partnership with the Outdoor Industries Association.
Topics to be covered include:
- What will the role of physical retail be with the digital world continuously evolving, particularly for speciality sports?
- How do successful sports and outdoors retailers stand out from the crowd to both sell goods that help their customers compete and to out-compete their own competitors?
- What approaches to digital marketing are being employed by brands and retailers, with an emphasis on developing social awareness and building a community.
Who should attend?
- Founders, CEO’s & Owners
- Heads of eCommerce, Mobile, Digital, User Experience & Brand
- Chief Marketing Officers
- Chief Digital Officers
- Directors of Brand Loyalty, User Experience, eCommerce
For full event details and to book please visit the Sports & Outdoor 2019 website.
Want a free place?
The OIA has been given two free tickets for this year’s event. The tickets will be given away separately allowing for two prizes. If you would like to enter into our prize draw, please email email@example.com stating your full name, company, job title and include the subject heading Sports & Outdoor 2019 Comp.