- November 18, 2020
- Posted by: chrishough
- Category: Association News
Together with 16 member companies, the European Outdoor Conservation Association (EOCA) is turning Black Friday green! All of these forward-thinking companies are planning to offer products to customers looking for pre-Christmas purchases, while at the same time, using the opportunity to raise funds for vital conservation work around the world via EOCA.
The online Conservation Fundraiser will allow people to buy their favourite outdoor gear AND make a difference. The money raised will all go towards vital conservation projects, including EOCA’s six recently selected projects, tackling plastic pollution in the environment and at source, in Spain, Italy, Brazil, Columbia, and the UK.
Seven members have chosen to raise money for the association through actions on their own websites:
• Cumulus will be holding an online ‘garage sale’ for a large number of items, with 100% of sales being donated.
• Deuter will be donating 10% of all online sales from its website over the Black Friday weekend.
• Gregory will be donating 20% of online sales via its website for the week of 23-30 November.
• KEEN is holding a ‘You buy, We donate’ fundraiser from 20-30 November, with €10 of all purchases being donated via EOCA or two other charities.
• La Sportiva will be donating 40% of all sales from its website over the Black Friday weekend.
• Montane will donate €5000 to EOCA as an alternative to traditional Black Friday marketing spend.
• Osprey will donate a percentage of each sale from its website on Black Friday.
EOCA is very grateful to its partner Outdoor Gear For Good (OGFG), which carries out online fundraising for the association. OGFG is a community interest company (not for profit) based in the UK. It receives donations of excess stock from the outdoor industry and raises money for EOCA by selling it. In addition, OGFG works with EOCA on specific fundraising events and the association is delighted that ten EOCA members have sent generous donations for the Green Friday event. Items will be listed on the new OGFG eBay shop over the coming month, to raise further funds.
• Berghaus has donated a range of packs and clothing.
• Craghoppers has donated a number of different jackets.
• Lowe Alpine has donated a range of packs and accessories.
• Nikwax has donated a range of cleaning and proofing products.
• Osprey has donated a range of packs.
• Pajak has donated warm and lightweight sleeping bags and mittens.
• Salomon has donated many women’s running vests.
• Stanley has donated a large number of travel mugs.
• Trangoworld has donated waterproof and windproof jackets.
• Ternua has donated insulated jackets.
Details of all the fundraisers and where to support them can be found at https://www.outdoorconservation.eu/onlinefundraiser/
Joint General Manager Catherine Savidge said, “Yet again, EOCA members have stepped up to the mark, despite 2020 being an unprecedented year for business and individuals in the outdoor sector. These companies are generously demonstrating how important it is to support conservation of wild places around the world, for now and for the future. We very much hope people will support their actions and join us in turning Black Friday green!”
Notes to Editors:
The European Outdoor Conservation Association is an initiative from the European outdoor industry with the objective of protecting the wild areas it cares so passionately about.
Designed to harness the incredible power of the outdoor industry and to raise money to donate to grassroots conservation groups, the European Outdoor Conservation Association is funded by membership and other fundraising activities within the outdoor industry. 100% of membership fees go to the support of projects. Membership is open to anyone that can demonstrate an involvement in the European outdoor industry.
From January 2015, a select group of ‘Sustaining Members’ pledged their support to EOCA by committing to fund the sustainable growth of the organisation with an extra €10,000 per year over and above their annual membership fee. This money is being used to finance the running of the Association and support its sustainable growth, and also enabled a move to 2 funding rounds per year.
The current EOCA Sustaining Members are: Pertex, KEEN Footwear, The North Face, Nikwax, ISPO and OutDoor by ISPO (Messe München), and the European Outdoor Group (EOG), which is also the Founder Member of the Association.
To find out more about the Association please go to: www.outdoorconservation.eu
General Manager: Tanya Bascombe or Catherine Savidge (Job share)
Tel: +44 1539 727 255
Email: Tanya@outdoorconservation.eu or Catherine@outdoorconservation.eu