- June 4, 2021
- Posted by: OIA Admin
- Category: Association News
Outdoor footwear and apparel brand aims to inspire people to take everyday indoor activities outside in honor of Great Outdoors Month through brand partnerships and social media challenges
Merrell, the global leader in outdoor footwear, today announced a month-long campaign, in honor of Great Outdoors Month, inviting consumers to shift their perceptions of the great outdoors and take traditional indoor activities outside. Knowing that many people think of the great outdoors as lofty camping trips or advanced hiking, Merrell is harnessing the true power of being outside by partnering with likeminded brands and organizations to help people rediscover the simple joys of being outside. As part of the campaign, the brand is challenging consumers to rethink how easy it can be to engage with the great outdoors and take part in the #DoItOutdoorsChallenge.
“As a brand we believe in the simple power of spending time outdoors and in celebration of Great Outdoors Month, want to invite everyone to take everyday indoor activities, outside,” said Chris Hufnagel, Global Brand President of Merrell. “From taking a phone call to backyard movies to sleeping under the stars, everything is greater outdoors. We’re partnering with amazing organizations throughout the month to showcase the mental and physical benefits of being outside because we strongly believe that the outdoors makes people happier, healthier, and more fulfilled.”
Each week in June, Merrell is launching a new initiative to encourage consumers to see beyond the traditional sense of hard-to-reach green space and show that the outdoors is an attainable experience for all. With the help of individuals and organizations with similar missions, Merrell will bring everyday life into the great outdoors.
- Self-Care is Greater Outdoors – To kick off Great Outdoors Month, Merrell is partnering with Taylor Morrison and Inner Workout to create a walking sensory meditation that will help consumers practice self-care outdoors. This free custom content will be available to all through Merrell’s blog and social media channels to help people build the skill of self-care outside.
- Learning is Greater Outdoors – Through its ongoing partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS), Merrell will raise awareness for the importance of community outdoors by curating special outdoor activity guides that Bigs and Littles can do together. Consumers can access these activities along with personal stories from BBBS members and the impact the outdoors has had in their lives by visiting merrell.com/bbbs.
- Community is Greater Outdoors – Created in honor of Merrell’s mission of celebrating diversity and inclusion in the outdoors, the brand will launch a version of one of its best-selling trail runners featuring a design by artist Latasha Dunston. To further show its commitment to DEI, the brand will donate 25 percent of proceeds up to $15,000 to Vibe Tribe Adventures, an organization that encourages Black women, men & urban youth to explore the great outdoors. The exclusive collection will launch on Merrell.com on June 16.
- Music is Greater Outdoors – To celebrate the joy of music and the outdoors, Merrell is partnering with Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold, the first nationally available USDA certified organic lager that knows a thing or two about enjoying nature, for an exclusive Sunset Hike Series taking place this summer. The Pure Golden Hour Sessions will feature a guided trail hike (with gifted Merrell’s!) to enjoy the fresh air and end with an outdoor live music concert as the sun sets, creating an unforgettable experience. Throughout this month, Merrell will be giving away concert tickets in different markets across the nation. To stay up to date on the latest information, consumers are encouraged to follow Merrell’s social channels.
As part of the #DoItOutdoorsChallenge to encourage people to get outside, Merrell will invite its fans to take life outside with challenges corresponding to each week’s theme. Using the campaign hashtag, consumers will get the chance to highlight how they are living their own lives outdoors for a weekly chance to win a $2,000 prize package from Merrell and Outdoorsy along with additional surprise and delight prizes.
For more information on Merrell’s Great Outdoors Month campaign, please visit www.merrell.com.