- October 23, 2020
- Posted by: chrishough
- Category: Association News
Support the BMC for £1 / month
The BMC has launched a brand-new digital-only membership for the U27s. This new membership not only supports the great work of the BMC, but it’s also packed full of personal benefits.
The BMC is the national representative organisation for climbers and adventurous hill walkers across England and Wales. With 80,000 members, it works to:
• Be a powerful voice for all climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers
• Protect our crags and mountains
• Campaign for improved access
• Promote environmental sustainability in our activities
• Provide technical and safety advice
• Help all climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers improve their skills, confidence and achieve personal ambitions
• Keep our shared heritage alive
What are the benefits of being an U27 BMC member?
• 15% discount in Cotswold Outdoor / Snow + Rock
• Access to many other retail and travel discounts
• Digital Summit magazine delivered through our app
• 10% off in the BMC shop
• £15 million Combined Liability Insurance cover
• Access to BMC Travel Insurance
• Access to Mountain Training registration
Dave Turnbull, BMC CEO, said, “I’d like to say a personal thanks to every BMC member who continues to support the BMC through the ongoing Coronavirus crisis. Without this support, the BMC staff and volunteers wouldn’t be able keep working for all climbers and hill walkers.”
Alex Messenger, Head of Marketing and Communications, said: “It’s exciting to celebrate the launch of this new digital membership right now: not only are we making it easier for younger people to support our work, but we’re also supporting them through this tough time. We’re also hard at work developing an exclusive range of climbing and hill walking members-only skills content, aimed at new indoor climbers and new hill walkers.”
The new U27 membership is £24 / year, with 50% discount in Year 1 if you sign up with Direct Debit. This means that you can get the benefits of BMC membership for just £1/month.
Over 27? Then check out our full individual membership, which starts at £1.66 / month.
More Information HERE
Join online at: https://membership.thebmc.co.uk/
– Ends –
Notes to editors
• The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) is the national representative body for climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers in England and Wales and is recognised as such by government. The BMC is committed to promoting the interests of climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers and good practice in all activities related to these pursuits. www.thebmc.co.uk
• Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and find out more about the BMC’s social media.
• Watch BMC TV films and skills videos on YouTube.
• JOIN US: Everyone is welcome to become a BMC member. Find out more